FLASH SALE UP TO
FLASH SALE UP TO
May 23, 2023 4 min read
The teeth enamel is the hardest bone in the body. Still, while it has this unique solid property, it isn't invincible. Sugar and acids found in unhealthy food and soft drinks can break down the stronghold of the tooth enamel, especially when they interact with over 300 bacteria in the mouth. When this occurs, it slowly eats away the shiny properties of the teeth and leads to tooth decay, loss, and even periodontal disease.
Fortunately, good oral hygiene prevents these effects and more. In this guide, we discuss some home cleaning tips and the importance of dental care at home to help you learn how to take care of your teeth and gums at home.
Proper at-home dental care includes brushing your teeth twice a day for two minutes, using fluoride toothpaste and a soft-bristled toothbrush to clean all surfaces of your teeth and gums. Flossing at least once daily is also a good home dental care routine, as it helps you remove plaque and food particles that may damage your teeth. In addition, maintaining a healthy diet low in sugar and acidic foods and beverages can help reduce your risk of tooth decay and gum disease.
Teeth care routine at home is essential for various reasons. The importance of dental care at home are:
Home oral care is pretty straightforward and stress-free. The simple trick to DIY teeth care to keep in mind is to be consistent. So, if you’re looking for home teeth cleaning tips for seniors, kids, or sensitive skin, here are some effective teeth care at-home tips to consider:
• Brushing your teeth daily with fluoride toothpaste can help remove plaque and prevent tooth decay.
• Floss daily. It helps remove food particles and plaque from between your teeth, where your toothbrush can't reach.
• Rinse your mouth with mouthwash to help kill bacteria that can cause bad breath, gingivitis, and other oral health problems.
• Limit sugary and acidic foods. Sugary and acidic foods can cause tooth decay and erosion. Try to limit your consumption of these foods and drinks.
• Drink plenty of water as it can help rinse away food particles and bacteria from your mouth and keep your mouth hydrated.
• Replace your toothbrush every three to four months or sooner if the bristles get frayed.
• Ensure you do regular dental checkups. They can help you detect and prevent oral health problems before they become serious.
When you experience symptoms like bad breath, pain while chewing, loose teeth, or bleeding and sensitive gums, then you might have a serious dental problem. Technically, visiting a dental professional will make finding an effective solution for your dental issues since they can diagnose and treat your dental issues using specialized tools. However, thanks to advanced technologies, people can now manage their dental issues from the comfort of their homes using water flossers.
A water flosser is an effective alternative for professional dental care as it prevents plaque and bacteria buildup, reducing the risk of tooth decay and gum disease. If you are thinking of getting a water flosser, consider the Flossmo Water Flosser.
Flossmo Water Flosser is designed to make oral hygiene easy. It offers deep cleaning benefits that remove the risks of developing gum-related diseases or gingivitis. It also uses a less abrasive flossing method, plus its 360-degree rotatable nozzle and four pressure setting functions make the dental care routine easy.